Have you studied abroad or are you currently abroad? Enter our International Photo Contest for a chance to win a pair of Beats Wireless Headphones!
- The World as Your Classroom: While studying abroad, your coursework and experiences can take you beyond the tourist spots and help you use the city as your classroom, so show us! We want photos from your classes and excursions that show you learning abroad.
- Pitt Pride: Your panther spirit doesn’t stop once you head overseas. Show us your pride by snapping some photos wearing Pitt gear in your host city/country or during one of your traveling excursions.
- “When in Rome”: Every place has its own unique culture, traditions and landmarks that you must see or do, whether it is the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the Great Wall in Beijing. Give viewers a glimpse into your special experience with the wonders of the world.
- Artistic Eye: Be creative! Try to capture the beauty of your host city/country or traveling destinations in a unique way.
- Land/Sea/City-scapes: The view of your favorite travel destinations change just a few miles outside of town, at the peak of a mountain or at the top of a building. Take a land/sea/city-scape picture from afar (and see if it can beat the view of Pittsburgh from Mt. Washington).
- The contest is open to all Pitt students, faculty, and staff.
- All entries must be sent to the Study Abroad Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment by October 12, 2020.
The following information must be included in the body of the email:
- Photo Category (Example: Pitt Pride)
- Title of Photo
- Name of photographer and your program (Example: Jane Doe – Pitt in Florence)
- City and country where photo was taken
- Short description of photograph
We will only accept high resolution JPEG files (1800X2400 pixels, minimum) that have NO Photoshop filters applied.
- No photographs incorporating alcohol or illegal activities will be considered.
- The entrant must be the photographer or be in the photo. Do not submit others’ images.
- All photos should reflect an international image taken while traveling, studying, or living abroad consistent with the category of choice.
- Each student may enter ONE photo per category.
- All photographers who enter the contest give the University of Pittsburgh the right to use their photos for promotional purposes.
Judges will select five finalists from each category. The selected photos will be virtually put on display during the Pitt International Week, November 1-8, 2020. During that time, Pitt students, faculty and staff can vote for their favorite image. The winner of each category will be announced the week after the International Week, and each will receive a pair of Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Nazir Noori at email@example.com