This is a comprehensive list of OIS and immigration related COVID-19 information. For the most up-to-date information about health and Pitt's university responses, please visit Pitt Public Safety and Emergency Management.
Update Your Information
- It is vital for OIS to know where you are living during this health crisis. Please log-in to My OIS and submit the Current Location eform under Biographical Information.
- OIS Webinar for Students regarding COVID-19
- OIS Webinar for Department Administrators regarding COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQs for OPT and STEM OPT (April 8, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs for Administrators (updated May 28, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs: Travel (updated March 15, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs: 5 Month Rule (updated April 20, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs: Immigration Issues (updated March 15, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs: Remaining in the U.S. (updated March 15, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs: Health Care (updated March 15, 2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs: Education (updated March 15, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update: Immigration Assistance and Support (updated March 11, 2020)
- COVID-19 (updated February 28, 2020)
Resources for Wellbeing
OIS Events Calendar - The OIS Events calendar includes not only OIS online events, but also some events from other departments on campus designed for our international community as well.
Pitt International Facebook Group - OIS started a Facebook group for anyone who is international or internationally-minded affiliated with Pitt. Please join this group for a more informal space to discuss how you are doing, interact with others, and virtually socialize. OIS will try to keep thinking of ways to engage in this group. Right now, you can see how well Kati Von Lehman is able to work from home! Please feel free to share your own experiences for people to see and relate to in this group.
Pitt Commons - During this period of change throughout the world, Pitt wants to help keep you connected and provide resources to our alumni, faculty, staff and students. This is a platform only accessible by members of the Pitt community. Right now we are all affected by the changes in our daily lives. Pitt Commons is Pitt’s global career network comprised of Pitt alums, faculty, staff, and students, and it’s your one stop shop for all things career-related. It has a job board, discussion boards on topics ranging from resume rejuvenation to career assessment/career change, to how to stay competitive in your chosen field. Joining Pitt Commons connects you to fellow Pitt alums and gives you access to resources specifically geared toward career development. Take 5 minutes and join the community by completing the following steps:
- Visit www.commons.pitt.edu
- Create an account
- Answer some questions about your career interests. Once you answer these questions you can import your CV directly from LinkedIn, you don’t have to enter any of the information manually.
- Peruse your customized professional network and start reaching out
Pitt Pantry - The Pitt Pantry is no longer able to distribute prepackaged bags, but will continue providing emergency food assistance to members of the Pitt Community via meal passes, which can be used to purchase meals at the Quick Zone in Litchfield Towers. You may request ten meal passes using this form. If you are experiencing any symptoms, including, but not limited to- fever, cough and shortness of breath- please do not fill out the form. Instead, please email email@example.com to arrange for resources.
- University Counseling Center - Starting on Monday, March 23, the UCC began offering nine interactive Wellness Workshops every day. We hope that the wide range of topics will benefit all students. Students can find out more information about how to join these workshops by visiting http://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/cc/virtualworkshops/. Students will be able to ask questions during these workshops. We may create additional workshops and they welcome your ongoing feedback and suggestions! Students can also engage in services at the UCC by calling 412-648-7930 x1.
- University of Pittsburgh Calendar - You can find many of Pitt's events, which are primarily (if not entirely) online right now on the university calendar.