Welcome to OIS!
The Office of International Services (OIS) provides immigration-related services for international visitors, students, faculty, researchers, and staff at the University of Pittsburgh. As you explore our website, please note that the University of Pittsburgh operates five campuses throughout Western Pennsylvania:
In general, the information we are presenting applies to the whole University, regardless of location. However, there will be times when we will refer you to a specific campus.
My OIS is the online service center for requests submitted by or for international students, scholars, and employees at the University of Pittsburgh. This includes requests submitted by department administrators. In order to best help you navigate My OIS, we have created tutorials to highlight some of its features and uses.
- My OIS tutorial for International Students, Scholars, and Employees
- My OIS tutorial for Department Administrators
If you have additional questions after watching these tutorials, please email OIS@pitt.edu.
Vision, Mission, and Values
Our vision is to be an office that is a:
- Welcoming and professional support center for international students, faculty and staff and their dependents;
- Willing collaborator and resource for internationalization on all campuses;
- National leader within the profession of international education; and is a
- Positive and respectful work environment that values work-life balance and professional development and in which each staff member can thrive.
Our mission is to:
- Serve the University and its international student and scholar populations with high quality, comprehensive immigration services;
- Ensure compliance with federal requirements related to immigration;
- Welcome and orient new international students and scholars to the University and community;
- Provide cultural programming for international students, postdoctoral fellows and scholars and cross-cultural training for members of the University community;
- Develop the next generation of international education professionals and leaders.
The values that guide all we do are: